Friday, July 22, 2011

Dawn on the Horizon

This past week I was on a mission trip at Myrtle Beach. Although I felt that God was calling me to minister through our church's dance team (W.I.M. - Witness in Motion), I came out of it learning much more than what I probably taught to anyone. It seems that God placed this trip with perfect timing. My walk with God had begun to decline in the coming weeks beforehand, and college is approaching in a few weeks as well. As I have been planning who I will become/ who I will be over the summer, I didn't include God as much as I should have. But the past week has helped me realize that I have a lot of work to do to improve my relationship, and I have begun to reshape my future college plans. Many things have been brought to light, and I hope to create a healthy surrounding for myself to better enable me to serve God.
In a more secular point of view, I am having so much fun planning out my expenses for college. I have been given all of the money from one of my college funds, and I'm now responsible for paying my fees and such. Let's just say rather than being pessimistic about how much I have to spend, I am rejoicing at how much i'm going to have left over. I'm also very tight when it comes to money, so my room is not going to have a bunch of new decor and such (especially when I have so many things already!)
However, just preparing for college is tough. I think I have literally had a vacation every other week this summer, and getting on top of all the requirements for college is a hassle. With procrastination being no new thing, I will probably hop on it in the coming days, as I move in August 19. Books to read, online classes to take, bills to pay, forms to fill out: a quick overview.

No comments:

Post a Comment